Lots In Account

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Sat Oct 8 20:51:46 EDT 2016

Hi,

I'm (still) doing some documentation re using lots for investment capital
gains.

I'd like to also briefly mention that the Lots in Account window is used for
business functions for the links between invoices and payments/credits.

Can some-one please confirm that in the business functions, the Lots in
Account window is used ONLY for viewing links between invoices and credits?

I assume any actual linking should only be done by the business functions,
not this window?

On a side issue, there was a question recently on gnucash-user from some-one
else about trying to use lots for capital gain/loss of currencies
(commodities?), and I didn't see any response.

Can any-one confirm this is possible or is it just wishful thinking?

Likewise, I was wondering it is possible to use lots for capital gain/loss
of (possibly depreciated) fixed assets?

Regards, Chris Good