Active Save Button on start up

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Apr 22 10:31:07 EDT 2017

> On Apr 22, 2017, at 4:26 AM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Over the last few weeks I have noticed that my test file always starts with
> the save button active. If I immediately save and close, then load the file
> again it comes back active.
>
> Created a new empty file, all is well, added one simple transaction, all is
> well, scheduled that transaction to be weekly I get the active save all the
> time.
>
> Looking at the commits in master, this one seems to be likely,
>
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/3367e191c8072fe4e49b06c1e99d43f7fde0304f
>

> So the first question is, this should not happen right, if the scrub
> function fixes any thing then the save should save these changes and so it
> should not find any problems on the next load ?
>
> The other thing that I do not understand is when you look at that commit
> and compare it to the source file they are different but I can not find any
> subsequent changes to make it so.

Bob,

Thanks for noticing and pursuing this.

The scrub shouldn't get called at all if there aren't any SXes in the book, so clearly the template_root check isn't limiting the scrub to only SX splits.
Since it's recurring it would also seem that the "changed" check is succeeding when it shouldn't.

As for the commit, it's on maint and required some changes in the merge commit [1] to master because of private-kvp.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/baef4029b20a52c6690744d52034ef9283a9383b <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/baef4029b20a52c6690744d52034ef9283a9383b>