Using CMake

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Feb 10 15:55:12 EST 2017

Op vrijdag 10 februari 2017 20:29:05 CET schreef Stephen Brown:
> Hi Geert
> I open the gcdev msys shell window.
> I “cd /c/gcdev/gnucash.git”
> I “. /c/gcdev/gnucash-on-windows.git/devrc.sh”
> The shell disappears

Hi Stephen,

this means the shell script causes your shell to exit. This is a bug.

However it was triggered because you called the script from the wrong
directory. Mea culpa, my instructions were a bit vague.

You should first
cd /c/gcdev/gnucash-on-windows.git
and then
. /c/gcdev/gnucash-on-windows.git/devrc.sh

I'm taking this directly from the comment at the top of that script.

> I re-open the gcdev msys shell window.
> I get the following output
> GNUCash at Ace /c/gcdev/gnucash.git
> $ /c/gcdev/cmake/bin/cmake.exe
> Usage
>
>   cmake [options] <path-to-source>
>   cmake [options] <path-to-existing-build>

As you have run install.sh, it's probably not necessary to rerun cmake. But if
you insist, you should really call it from within the build directory (or a
new build directory if you prefer).

To start from the existing build directory, do
cd /c/gcdev/gnucash/build
(omitting cmake here as it has already run)
ninja
ninja install

If you want to run cmake in a new build directory, you can first create that
directory where you want, then cd into it and finally run a command similar to
cmake -G "Ninja"
           -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<path-to-install-gnucash-under-msys> \
           -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=${GLOBAL_UDIR} \
           /c/gdcev/gnucash.git

You will probably want to add more parameters to cmake. For inspiration please
check the cmake invocation in install-impl.sh and adjust the environment
variables used in each of the -D command line options to your actual
installation.

Regards,

Geert