Compiling GNUCash

Stephen Brown StephenBrown165 at outlook.com
Fri Jan 6 22:35:08 EST 2017

Hi All
So far I have come across three different methods of compiling gnucash.
One is under Linux but as I do not have a machine running Linux I will not be able to test there.
The second is under cygwin on a Microsoft Windows machine. I have successfully done that.
The third is under msys on a Microsoft Windows machine. I am about to download and compile.
I am meditating on combing these three methods into one.
I  realize that I am going to have to identify and then switch build environments in autogen code and in C,C++ code and maybe others.
Any feedback on this idea is welcome.

Stephen Grant Brown