sed error

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Jan 18 09:30:22 EST 2017

Op woensdag 18 januari 2017 08:05:10 CET schreef Edward Doolittle:
> I had a similar problem on my machine (Win 10, Cygwin) a while back when
> building another program. If I recall correctly, installing GNU sed through
> the Cygwin package manager solved the problem.

The gnucash build system on Windows is using msys and won't cope well if
cygwin is installed as well.

Stephen, can you check the 'sed' command used in the build is the one from
msys and not from some other installed package (for example Git for Windows
also installs sed and depending on your choices during installation this may
be on the default path).

FYI, we have seen this issue on the gnucash build server for Windows as well
for a while. I *thouht* John managed to fix this, but I'm not 100% sure of
that.

Geert