Plan for migration of code.gnucash.org to new VM?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jan 18 21:07:53 EST 2017

Hi,

On Wed, January 18, 2017 8:54 pm, John Ralls wrote:

> I dunno how conservative you want to be. If we were to go all corporate IT
> we'd want to bring it up under an alternate host name and test all of the
> services from inside and outside, but I don't really think that's
> necessary. If you can access the wiki, send mail to the list, get a git
> log, and read the html docs then the only thing that can go wrong is
> connectivity and authentication from outside. We can coordinate that via
> IRC during the switchover process.

I can access the wiki, irc logs, and pipermail.  I can send mail from the
host, and I can send mail through the host.  I was able to send email to
one of the mailman lists, and it successfully made it into the archives
and sent back out.  I tested the docs builds, but it went to the old
server.

The only thing I haven't checked is local git, and pushing to github.  The
latter I'm sure will work; the former is most likely to work.

> Sunday's fine with me.

Thanks.  Hopefully Geert and Fell will chime in.

My plan is to keep the old server running at least for a few days on a
private address until we're sure everything is behaving on the new server
and I didn't miss moving any data across.

> Regards,
> John Ralls

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745