gnucash-on-osx master: Add googletest module, dependency for master branch.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Mar 8 21:05:27 EST 2017

> Hi Geert and John,
>
> Today I tested the latest changes. The removal of goffice is fine.
>
> But the change to cmake for gnucash-git did not work for me. First it wanted the static libs for boost. I added them to the install and could compile then. But the resulting binary failed on me with:
> dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/christoph/gnucash-unstable/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-ledger-core.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Users/christoph/gnucash-unstable/_jhbuild/root-gnucash-git/Users/christoph/gnucash-unstable/bin/gnucash
>   Reason: image not found
>
> My jhbuild version seems to be different than John's. It lets the install tool install into a intermediary directory under $PREFIX/_jhbuild before moving it into the final destination. This also makes the boost install step fail if you install directly into the final directory.

Christoph,

That may not be a difference since I seldom attempt to run GnuCash immediately after building with jhbuild. After all, I'm doing that to create a development environment so the next thing I do is start a jhbuild shell, run make unistall and then go to work on whatever's next in the queue. I'll stay in the jhbuild shell, running make directly. When running make install from the shell prompt the install to scratch and copy nonsense doesn't happen.

But that error's kind of weird: I'd expect it to be the other way around, where something in $PREFIX/lib couldn't find something in _jhbuild/root-gnucash-git/blah-blah-blah because jhbuild had screwed up the installed name.

Regards,
John Ralls