Read *.gnucash

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu May 18 09:22:33 EDT 2017

Again, this is a discussion that should be held on gnucash-devel, not gnucash-
user. Please follow up on that list. I have now removed gnucash-user from this
conversation.

On donderdag 18 mei 2017 14:37:42 CEST Oleg Linkin wrote:
> Sailfish support only QML as gui

That's why I proposed to start from the current code and apply a different gui
on top of that (QML based in this case).

Such a project could be the spark needed to migrate the gnucash program itself
away from Gtk to QML in the future.

We're not married to Gtk and have been discussing migrating away from it for
quite some time. It hasn't happened yet because the main developers are
currently occupied in migrating the old code base to C++.

A clean C++ interface would probably make a migration to QML a lot easier, but
it can be done in a different order as well if implementing a QML GUI is your
itch. I'd definitely support you in this.

Regards,

Geert