Some Assistance Please

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed May 24 12:43:01 EDT 2017

On woensdag 24 mei 2017 17:16:41 CEST Derek Atkins wrote:
> Michael Ferrara <mferrara1 at gmail.com> writes:
> >     There's no good way to translate from Wiki to PDF
> >
> > Really? PDF can handle hard links within a document. Reference books with
>
> Yes, really.  And it's more than just PDF.  We currently build the docs
> into HTML, PDF, Mobi, and at least one other format.  There are no tools
> that take wiki content and do that *and* make the results look good.
> This is why we chose DocBook, and this is why we've stuck with it.

The other formats:
Windows HtmlHelp
On linux the docboook files are used directly by yelp
Both serve for for tight integration of our help and guide into the native
platforms.

> We've been down this road before.  I have no reason to believe that
> today's tools do this any better than the tools last time we went down
> this path of exploration.

Yes we never found a suitable replacement in the past. I'd love to be proven
wrong over this one though. If someone can show us new system that suits all
our requirements and is easier to use by non-developer volunteer that are
willing to help out, I'm all ears.

Geert