[GnuCash-es] Acceso a carpeta compartida (GnuCash 2.4 sobre Win 7)

Iñaki Grao injaki en gmail.com
Jue Feb 24 17:50:24 EST 2011

Hola Jaime y Erick

Finalmente he encontrado una causa (aunque no la raíz) y una solución al
problema. Adjunto lo que he enviado a la lista internacional de GnuCash.
Básicamente se trataba de que estaba ejecutando GnuCash 2.4 como
Administrador, pues éste se negaba a ejecutarse de otra forma. Retiré la
etiqueta de "ejecutar como administrador" y todo se solucionó. Ni idea de
por qué GnuCash no se ejecutaba las primeras veces si no era como
Administrador.
Gracias a ambos.

Hello Geert,

I think I've found  the cause (althoug not the root cause) and a workaround
for the problem. Your sugestion of type the full path helped me to find it
(it didn't recognize the path using the drive letter, but using the UNC was
fine).

The cause (not the root cause):
I forgot to mention that GnuCash 2.4 executable was running as
Administrator, since first launches crashed (the process arose for two
seconds in Windows Task manager, then gone). Running as Administrator seems
to isolate in some way the executable so as to prevent wrong use, and that's
why network drives were not visible.
Removing the "Run as Administrator" label to the executable solved the
problem, and this time the application ran ok.

I repeated the instalation on another Windows 7 machine with similar
environment, just to test it, and I saw the same behavior:
-First (several) launches of GnuCash 2.4.2 crashed, with no error on GnuCash
log (except a warning "WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 2633
bytes. The identifiers might not be very random" that always arose and
arises on my GnuCash log)
-Running GnuCash 2.4.2 as Administrator finally launched the executable, but
then maped network drives were not visible on "open" window.
-Closing GnuCash, removing the "run as administrator" label from the
executable, and running it again solved the problem: it launched ok, and
then the network drives were visible on "open" window.

I really don't know why GnuCash 2.4.0 and 2.4.2 crashes with no error
message on my two Windows 7 machines, since version 2.2.9 didn't show that
behaviour before. And I don't know why running just once as Administrator
solves that crash.
I hope this workaround helps somebody else.

Thank you for your help.

                    Iñaki

Un abrazo

                    Iñaki