newbie how-to-best-do-it ?

Frank P. Miles fpmi@home.com
Sun, 03 Sep 2000 15:30:16 -0700

Hello:

	Just starting with gnucash... and I'd like to be able to enter
information regarding my interest-bearing bank statements and a few
mutual funds into gnucash.  What is unclear to me is how to set up
accounts
so that I may simply and clearly be able to evaluate how the accounts
are doing both as single accounts and as a group (net worth).  My first
attempts seem to result either in 0's as balances, or fail to
distinguish
"deposits" (stemming from work/earnings) vs. "interest/dividends/capital
gains".

	There is probably a simple answer for this that I've not seen or
not comprehended from the documentation.  Thanks for your help!

	-frank