Help it will not open my latest files!

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:48:04 +1100

skytalker04 writes:
 > I  was running GNUCash 1.4.2 when iI tryed to open my account it says:
 >
 > This file appears to be from a newer version of GNUCash.  You must
 > upgrade GnuCash to read this file.
 >

 > It all so told me I had to remove the .lck file.
 >
 > soo I upgraded to the latest from the web site 1.4.6 and all so 1.5 and
 > it still says it can not open the file.
 >
 > It can however open the bank account file but it is the orignal creation
 > from when I started the orignial account.
 >
 > System is RH6.2 with Helix upgrades.
 >
 > any Ideas?

Do you still have the older files GnuCash creates around, with names
like test_rgmerk.xac.20000606142327.xac?  These files are complete
snapshots of your data at that time, so at worst you should be able
to recover most of your stuff.  If you also have the .log files, you
can use them to re-enter data manually.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net