Split entries: wrong descriptions?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:35:04 -0700

Andrea Borgia writes:
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:36:58 -0700, you wrote:
>

> >Yes, this is somewhat confusing, atm. It will be partially fixed
> >in the next 1.4 release, and completely fixed in the next stable
> >release of the current development version.
>
> Next 1.4 means 1.4.6, released Sep.11 ?
> In that case, your idea of "partially" is not mine ;-) I've just
> finished some test and it looks like in 1.4.3

It's partially fixed in that the odd copying semantics for split memos
are gone.  But existing files aren't going to change. It's still not
optimal, though, but the fix will have to wait for a bit.

> >Could you explain your gripe?
>
> I'm referring to the way other amounts are displayed: left or right
> column, in order to make up the correct amount. The problem is that,
> while this allows a correct sum, it looks rather odd to see, for
> example, a reimbursement appearing as a debit in the income account
> because it belongs to a split (I'm no accountant, if you need more
> detail, I'll use a jpeg ;-)
>
> The docs say, or seem to be saying, that the developers are aware of
> this issue, so I didn't yell "BUG" in my previous post.

Ok, I understand. Personally, I like seeing the 'sums' line up, but
I can see your point. I will add an option to give the behavior you
want.

dave