Incomplete records: how to deal with them?

Al Snell alaric@alaric-snell.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 22:22:10 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Dave Peticolas wrote:

> > Ehr, I think I got lost midway through your explanation... my problem
> > is that the original portion is outside the scope of my accounting, it
> > was bought before. Perhaps another ad-hoc equity account? (I did this
> > way and it looks fine)
>
> That's basically what equity accounts are for :)

IMHO the manual could do with more clarification on that... the
description of income/expense accounts is good, the equity section looks
incomplete in comparison :-)

I treated my company's share capital as a transaction from an equity
account to the cash account - does that sound about right?

ABS

--

 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RF.Cx/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/