problem switching from 1.4.1 to 1.4.6

Hans de Graaff hans@degraaff.org
24 Sep 2000 09:29:37 +0200

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us wrote:

> I moved everything that seemed to belong to gnucash, what file do I
> need to move, if I have in fact not moved the right one?

As an example, my data file is called hans. This means I have a whole
bunch of files like hans.20000625102721.log and
hans.20000701091039.xac, but the file hans itself (without any
extension) is the actual data file.

> And why would 1.4.1 work on the same set of files 1.4.6 didn't if I
> had in fact missed the actual data file itself?

The way I read your report you did not only change the version, but
you also copied the files over to another machine. I think the copying
is the relevant factor here, and not the version changes.

Hans