Invoicing?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:05:50 -0700

Ignacio Valdes writes:
> Hello all,
>
> I tried GNUcash a few months ago and it seemed really good.  However, as
> far as I could tell it lacked invoicing so I couldn't use it.  I am a
> consultant and I bill my clients monthly by job for example: office
> visit  2 hrs  $65 which can occur multiple times in one month.
> Additionally, the client payment does not usually come in on time (1
> month) so I need to check them off as paid as they come in.  I'm
> currently using the little Invoicing doohickey wizard that comes with
> the dreaded MS Excel 97.  While limited, it is adequate but I'd like to
> use something open source with more possibility of 'real' accounting.
> How far along is GNUcash in this respect? Are there other open source
> solutions that might do this?

Features of small businesses (such as invoicing) are definitely in our
plans for GnuCash, but they are not in the present version, nor will
they be in the next. The next version will hopefully round out the
list of personal features, and then we will start working on some
small business features.

In the meantime, I'm not aware of any open source solutions to this.
I know there is www.opensourceerp.org, but I'm not sure that they're
far enough along for you.

dave