GNC-PRICES

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:19:27 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that Rob Browning said:

> Presuming everyone's happy with this solution, I'll try and make sure

They may not be, but it seems like a good idea anyway...

> my patch tomorrow has something like this in it.  We also need to
> update our Finance::Quote version, but I'm wondering if, since just

The patch should probably be sent upstream to them as well...
(I think I might have write perms for cvs for the finance-quote
module on sourceforge so in theory I can do it ..)

> providing this still may leave people without the requisite
> sub-dependencies, we might just want to leave it out and make sure the
> message tells them how to use CPAN to get this (and automagically) all
> the needed sub-dependencies.  Thoughts?

right!? The goal is to replace the crypto @INC fail messages
with something more digestable to some average level of human.

(long term, an actual product-oriented install should do the rigorous
install; but I agree with dave's comments about how we should keep
install dependencies minimal for the free RPM's that we host.)

--linas