GnuCash File Creation and Merge

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:48:46 -0800

"Richard Court" writes:
> Linas,
>
> Thanks for your detailed reply. I'm still a little fuzzy-headed on this file
> creation and file merge thing so please tell me more:

I don't use the qif importer, so I can't answer your main questions.

> 3) mypcf (my permanent data file that merges each *.qif file - why doesn't it
>  have an extension?)

GnuCash will use whatever name you select. I like to add a .gnc extension
to my files.

> P.P.S. For some strange reason the GnuCash window embedded itself at the top
> of my monitor and I can't reach the title bar to move it down. Is there a way
>  of correcting this? I use a recent version of Gnome.

You window manager probably has some way to move a window other than
the title bar. If you're using sawfish, you should be able to move
the window using the middle button on any portion of the border.

The next version of gnucash will be a bit smarter about making
sure windows aren't too big to fit on the screen.

dave