Robert Merkel answers questions on /. but leaves me with 1

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 15:25:44 -0400

Hi All,

Slashdot has posted answers to questions about GnuCash posed last
week.  In one his answers, Robert states:

	Gnumatic sponsored GnuCash development for about a year. Like
	a lot of other small companies, Gnumatic got in financial
	trouble during the Bust. Thanks to the GPL, the work done on
	GnuCash during 2000 was not lost, and the developers were able
	to start a new company (LDG) to continue the work.

The questions this leaves me with are:

	- What happened to Gnumatic
	- Why does Gnumatic.com still exist if the company doesn't
	- How does the Linux Developer's Group play into all this
	  (and why did you form the new company instead of continuing
	   on with Gnumatic?)
and	- Shouldn't the "Corporate Backing" link on gnucash.org
	  now point to the LDG site?

As Robert pointed out on slashdot, none of this chaos has really
impacted GnuCash itself, since it's all under the GPL, and for the
most part, many (most?) of us were probably unaware of anything
really happening (which I guess is a really good thing).

For the most part, I guess it doesn't really matter all that much,
but I'm the curious type :)

--

Seeya,
Paul