GC 1.6.1 and Mandrake 8.0 again

Sigurd Rinde sigurd@rinde.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:39:10 +0200

Hi,

I've istalled GC 1.6.1 from Mandrake cooker including all the stuff required
by dependencies, including Python 2.1.

Install was errorfree and 'gnucash -debug' seems fine for awhile until:

Fatal Python error: couldn't import os
Aborted

First it suggested setting PYTHONHOME, which I did (I think), anyway 'echo
$PYTHONHOME' gives ':/usr/lib/python2.1'
The only chage thereafter was no more suggestion to set PYTHONHOME, the above
errormessage persists.

Running Python and doing a 'import os' I get
'Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named os

The os.py file is there as far as I can see....

Any suggestions to a bewildered 'trainee'?

Thanks in advance,
Sig