gnome-print (a FAQ I know but...)

Steve Petersen spetey@umich.edu
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:54:15 -0400

Hey folks,

I'm an inexpert linux user on RH 7.1, and the tar.gz ./configure file
claims I don't have gnome-print >.21 installed.  I've looked through the
gnucash-user archives and seen others with similar problems, but no clear
solution.  I saw that if you install the gnome-print rpm you also need
gnome-print-devel rpm, but I installed the gnome-print tar.gz file of .29
(I think) instead, only to find later that I had .25 somewhere else
already.  So why doesn't gnucash's configure file see it?  I aped the
command 'gnome-config --modversion gnome-print' from user archives, and it
didn't recognize the library.

And I don't really get package issues, but would administrators consider a
package download of all the necessary background files tarred up somewhere
on the site?  Or static-linked with gnucash itself?  (I don't know enough
to know if that's possible.)

I think if I can just get Gnucash up and running (and maybe DVD software)
then I can for the first time run truly FAT-free.  Ah, what a dream.

Thanks!
Steve