Where does gnucash fit ?

Tim Nowaczyk zimage@upl.cs.wisc.edu
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:25:48 -0500

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 11:01:55AM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> In my ideal world, I'd like to see gnucash integrated in with ximian
> evolution for its addressbook capabilities. This would simplify
> checkprinting (you need an address printed on the check), and
> invoicing/billing (where you need an address as well).   With the
> contact-manager part, you could also keep track of random notes
> about the contact, a to-do list, etc.  Any finally, it would make
> emailing invoices a snap.
>
> --linas

  With all the discussion I've been hearing about people who, for example, use KDE and don't want to install gnome, etc... I have something to add in regards to this.  It would be great to have all this stuff as plugin modules.  If I use KDE I can use the KDE plugin for display, or gnome, or ncurses.  The addressbook could plugin to evolution, or gnome-pim.
  I can see problems with this however.  There is talk about this subject on gnucash-devel, but they are dealing more with how to impliment plugins, not what the plugins should do.  <sarcasm>With all the dependency on gnome, gnucash should change its name to gnomecash</sarcasm>.  Seriously though, we should put in this kind of support (gnucash-1.8.0 maybe)

  Thanks for listening,
  Tim Nowaczyk

  <>< Truth