gc 1.6.0 problem with fund accts and price updates

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 01:45 -0700

Hello,

After introducing myself to gnucash with version 1.4.9,
I upgraded to 1.6.0.  After struggling for a bit with
the dependencies, I finally managed to compile it on
my redhat 7.1 system.

I have several mutual fund accounts that contain balances.
However, on the account screen these all show as $0.00, as
does the asset account that contains them.  On various
reports, the balances show correctly, and the accounts
themselves indicate proper balances in terms of # of shares.
The equity transfer into these accounts has properly affected
the balance in the equity account.

Anyone know why?

Also, my attempts to obtain price quotes have been unsuccessful.
I have set up the various commodity types with the proper labels
and selected quote sources (fidelity for funds, yahoo for stocks).
When I go to the price edit menu and select 'update prices,'
gnucash bails out completely with the following messages:

(handling-request ("fidelity_direct" "FUSEX" "FRTXX" "FLPSX" "FDIVX" "FBALX"))
(handling-request ("yahoo" "TRMB"))
/usr/local/share/gnucash/scm/price-quotes.scm:278:17: In procedure display in expression (display #\( to-child):
/usr/local/share/gnucash/scm/price-quotes.scm:278:17: Broken pipe

clues?

thanks, and thank you to the developers et al for a wonderful
package, even if I was cursing it as I compiled libraries late
into the night.  ;-)

joey