Year End Close?

Phillip J Shelton shelton11@dingoblue.net.au
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:37:27 +1000

As a interim solution for the current lack of a end of year close  why
don't you just start a new file. You could have the year as part of the
name.

Then there is the problem of re-entering the chart of accounts.  OK,
have a QIF file that has the chart of accounts in it and import that to
your new year file at the beginning of each year. (Bill, will that
work?)

Then all you have left to do is set the opening balances.  It would be
nice to have the computer do this for us but at the moment it does not.
I expect that the above is close to what happens on paper anyway.

Phill