problems with 1.6.4

Paul Kinzelman paul@kinzelman.com
Sat, 03 Nov 2001 14:24:08 -0800

OK, I downloaded the source RPM and am trying to configure,
but I get the errors:
Unknown library 'gtkhtml' and 'gal', although it looks like
'gal' is the one that really caused configure to quit. Do
I need 'gtkhtml'?

I had already downloaded gal, gotten it to compile (like
I said before),  installed it, and rpm for gnucash1.6.2 said it didn't exist
(libgal.so.8). So I manually put it in /usr/lib (because I
found libgal.so.7 there) and also on /usr/local/lib but
neither seems to be the correct place.

Could somebody please tell me where it should be and
update the readme to let people know? And also let
the 'gal' people know where it should go?

And how about a link on the gnucash page someplace
where we can just download it and put it wherever it needs
to go. That would have saved me (and I suspect lots of other
people) needless grief.
-Paul Kinzelman