Mutual Fund Transfers

Steven Watt watt_steven@yahoo.ca
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:01:03 -0230

Hello.

My problem likely has more to do with my limited knowledge of accounting than with GnuCash, but I would appreciate it if someone could give me some guidance.

I am having trouble making transfers from mutual fund accounts. Whether I transfer to a bank account or another mutual fund account, Gnucash tranfers the number of units/shares and not their values. Thus, if I tranfer 20 units of fund A to fund B, it shows up as 20 units in fund B as well, even though the values of the two funds are different (and different values are entered in the Price Editor). And if I tranfer 20 units from fund A to a bank account, it shows up as $20.

Steve W.