quicken to gnucash

Jim Biddle jbiddle@columbus.rr.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:05:58 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C14053.6C162B60

I am new to Linux and GnuCash.  I run Mandrake 8.0 and gnucash 1.4.11 =
provided by ximian desktop package.

You can make an all.qif file from quicken and it loads to gnucash very =
well.  My personal quicken file is 9 years of personal data so it is =
quite large.  I have moved quicken data in several ways with a couple of =
different accounts.  If you are like me, a 9 year old file is begging =
for some changes and contains stuff not very active now.  I have chosen =
to go with one year and change the file more to my liking.  GnuCash =
guess well, but not always the way that I want so there is some editing. =
 Nine years of this would be a killer, so I am working on only.  I am =
not an accountant, but isn't that what equity accounts are for?

I like this program and l have always keep my software up to date, but I =
don't compile and would be very interested in how to upgrade to a more =
recent version.

Thanks to the developers for being on the list.

Jim

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C14053.6C162B60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am new to Linux and GnuCash.&nbsp; I =
run Mandrake=20
8.0 and gnucash 1.4.11 provided by ximian desktop package.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You can make an all.qif file from =
quicken and it=20
loads to gnucash very well.&nbsp; My personal quicken file is 9 years of =

personal data so it is quite large.&nbsp; I have moved quicken data in =
several=20
ways with a couple of different accounts.&nbsp; If you are like me, a 9 =
year old=20
file is begging for some changes and contains stuff not very active =
now.&nbsp; I=20
have chosen to go with one year and change the file more to my =
liking.&nbsp;=20
GnuCash guess well, but not always the way that I want so there is some=20
editing.&nbsp; Nine years of this would be a killer, so I am working on=20
only.&nbsp; I am not an accountant, but isn't that what equity accounts =
are=20
for?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I like this program and l have always =
keep my=20
software up to date, but I don't compile and would be very interested in =
how to=20
upgrade to a more recent version.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks to the developers for being on =
the=20
list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jim</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C14053.6C162B60--