duplicate checks when importing from .qif

Steve Neuharth steveneu@tiny.net
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:58:41 -0500

	It doesn't seem like there's really any intellegence involved: just check
the check number field in the qif and compare the amount with any
existing check in the register and viola!
	Anyway... do you only import your .qif immediately before you reconcile?
I was planning on reconciling every month (when I recieve my statement)
and downloading a .qif from my bank every week or so to make sure I'm on
top of things.
	If I import the qif now, some of the checks are picked up
by the dupe checker and some are not (not sure why some are and some are
not). I end up having to manually trace old check numbers, delete the
original and then edit the details of the new "cleared" check to reflect
reality. It seems like I must be making this much more difficult than
the authors intended so PLEASE let me know if there is an easier way or
if I'm misunderstanding how gnucash should work.