GnuCash vs. Quicken

Daryl Lee dlee@altaregos.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:58:24 -0500

I let Quicken die a quiet death after several years of use and annual
upgrades at $45 a pop  and began starting over again today with
Gnucash.  I don't find the double-entry accounting any more challenging
than with Quicken.  The only real difference between the two is that what
Quicken calls "categories" are well and truly accounts; Gnucash just
recognizes that fact with their terminology and user interface.