Tracking realized gains/losses with mutual funds

Errol Siegel errol@bitterkitten.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 09:06:04 -0800 (PST)

I have a question about tracking mutual funds.  I have
several mutual funds set up in gnucash.  I am able to
track the current value and unrealized gain/loss just
fine.  However, I traded shares of one fund for shares
of another fund and in doing so realized a loss.  The
Balance Sheet Report does not seem to have a way of
showing this loss and instead shows an imbalance (in
the amount of the loss).  I am using gnucash 1.6.8.
Is this a known issue with this version?  Is there
something I need to do differently to make this work?

Thanks,
Errol