Bugzilla, was Re: Setting up Gnucash for the first time

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
09 Dec 2002 21:46:57 -0800

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 18:42, ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:

> Personally, I've been referred to bugzilla a couple of times.
> And visited there once or twice, in the hopes of trying to
> figure out some bug I've run across.  And everytime I've
> visited bugzilla, I've come away "Never again will I have
> anything to do with this site!".  I don't know what it
> is, but I find that site completely useless.  Obviously
> other people don't.  However, if someone here (or elsewhere)
> suggested that I submit something to bugzilla, I would
> just silently ignore the request and try to find another
> way around the problem.

Gord,

Can I make a suggestion to you. There is another way to submit bugs that
doesn't use the web-based interface to bugzilla. There should be a
program in your Utilities menu called 'Bug-Buddy' This is a druid that
basically leads you through all the steps you need to make a bug report.
The only disadvantage to it is that it doesn't let you search for
similar reports, but at worst that just means someone else will close
your bug as a duplicate of another, and you'll get an email sent to you
informing you of this. Please give it a try and see if it works for you.

Chris

PS. This is also what pops up if GnuCash crashes and asks you to submit
a bug report. When this happens it also automatically includes debugging
information that helps the developers.
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit