Problem w/ 1.7.5

Neil B. Cohen nbc@cisco.com
18 Dec 2002 17:01:44 -0500

I have been waiting for a version of gnucash with OFX support, so I
thought I would try to build 1.7.5. When I run configure (on a RH7.3
system), it complains that Guile does not exist, and it's version is not
> 1.3.4

Here is the end of the output from configure:

checking for qt_null in -lqt... (cached) no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking for t_accept in -lnsl... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking whether guile works... no
configure: warning: Can not find Guile on this system
checking for guile... /usr/bin/guile
checking for guile - 1.3.4 <= version < 1.5.0... no
configure: warning: guile version check failed
configure: error:

  guile does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not in the
  correct version range.  Right now gnucash requires at least version
  1.3.4 to build, but does not work with 1.5 or greater.

However, if I do this:

nbc@nbc-linux 107: rpm -qa |grep guile
guile-1.3.4-19
nbc@nbc-linux 108: which guile
/usr/bin/guile
nbc@nbc-linux 109: guile --version
Guile 1.3.4
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public
Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

It looks like it is there and working just fine. Any suggestions on how
to convince gnucash to finish configuring itself?

thanks,

nbc

--
NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Cisco Systems Inc.)
PHONE:  703-484-3205