Getting gnucash 1.7.5 running

Hugh A.J. Kennedy hajk@oakweald.de
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:42:04 +0100

I Have an RH 8.0 system with GnuCash 1.6.8. It works fine but it lacks a lot
for my purposes (I'm a business operating in Germany and the UK). QB is
rubbish for this and so-called professional packages are beyond the reach of
the one-man multinational. decided to have a go with the new GnuCash beta
(1.7.5), with the idea that it probably won't do everything, but at least I
could modify it. I first checked out the rpm but of course the rpm is kind
of useless under RH8.0

I downloaded and installed the latest g-wrap (1.3.2-2), building from
source. This appeared to go in clean. I checked versions of other stuff
(libguile, etc.)and it appears to be ok so I ran configure on GnuCash.

After running a comparatively clean “configure” “make” and “make install” on
gnucash 1.7.5, when I try running GnuCash, I get:

ERROR: In procedure dynamic link:
ERROR: file not found

After scanning through a log of the 'make' and 'make install', I see a few
compiler warnings but no errors.

Thanks,

Hugh Kennedy