Auto-increment setting?

William Helke wfh1226@mindspring.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:19:06 -0500

Hi list:

I've been using GnuCash for quite some time and have a problem which continues
to irk me.  Now, for starters, my transaction/account data file has a lot of
history (so much so that it drags my old Pentium II machine down when I open
or save the GnuCash account file).  That's not the problem, though - I can
live with the speed on my old machine.

The trouble I'm writing about is this:  Auto-increment of check number with my
checking account in this file is about 600 too low when I open up GnuCash and
try to enter my first check.  I.E.: In my checkbook, my current check number
is 6670.  I open GnuCash and the last check number displayed is 6669.  When I
try to enter a new check transaction and use + in the check number field,
auto-increment displays a number  somewhere around 6060.  If I manually enter
the correct check number and continue entering transactions, auto-increment
works fine.  But then if I close GnuCash and reopen it and try again, I'm back
about 600 with autoincrement again.

Anyone have any thoughts on correction of this problem?  Any and all help is
most appreciated, and thanks for an awesome open-source product!

Sincerely,

William Helke