Built 1.7.6 rpms for Suse 8.1

Leif Jensen jensen@math.columbia.edu
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 01:41:17 -0500

I built the release candidate version 1.7.6 of gnucash for my own Suse 8.1
system and decided to make the rpms available in case others are interested.

http://www.math.columbia.edu/~jensen/suse81/

The package installs and works for me, but I had to install/upgrade a lot of
dependencies, so I can't guarantee it will work for anyone else without some
effort.

The only difficulty I had was that the gnucash configure script is
incompatible with the $host_os of i686-suse-linux from the Suse configure
system.  This prevents libtool from handling shared libraries properly. I fix
it with

perl -pi -e 's/linux-gnu\*\)/*linux*)/' configure

I have seen this problem with some other projects too. What is happening?

I noticed the new version preserved only one of the 1.6.x reports I had open.
There are certainly a few other issues.  What's the best way to report these?

Best, Leif