probs with price scatterplot

Neil Jerram neil@ossau.uklinux.net
02 Feb 2002 12:36:00 +0000

    Poldi> Hello,
    Poldi> perhaps anybody can help me:
    Poldi> I have used in the past the price scatterplot (Reports/Assetts &
    Poldi> Liabilities/Price Scatterplot) without problems. But now - and I
    Poldi> don't know why suddenly - gnucash crashes after I use the options
    Poldi> in price scatterplot.
    Poldi> "** CRITICAL **: file gnome-font.c: line 188 (gnome_font_new):
    Poldi> assertion `face != NULL' failed.
    Poldi> I can't find the default fonts needed by Guppi.
    Poldi> In 99% of all cases, this means that there is a problem with
    Poldi> your installed version of gnome-print."
    Poldi> I have installd gnucash-1.6.4 and gnome-print-0.29-61 - RPMs from
    Poldi> SuSE-7.3.

No help, I'm afraid, but you're not alone.  I get identical symptoms
on SuSE 7.2.  I've scoured the web, but couldn't find any information
on how to fix the supposed problem with my gnome-print installation.

Fortunately, GnuCash is still a cool application even without graphs,
so I'm just doing without them until my next OS upgrade.  Remember to
save often, or learn to avoid the reports that include graphs :-)

If you do discover the solution, I'd love to hear it.

        Neil