Entering splits

Paul Scott waterhorse@ultrasw.com
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:06:55 -0700

Hi,

I am using 1.6.4 and think it's great.  I am very glad I found GNUCash
before trying to run Quicken on Wine.  It did take a little research to
get the Debian package installer to install it on Debian woody.

I hope someone can put the steps to enter a split into the manual with
an explanation and would appreciate if someone could post them here.  I
eventually end up getting it right but never on the first try.  I have
read *all* references to split in the entire gnucash-user archive
without seeing a direct answer.  I don't think I find the accounting
concepts a problem but I still don't find entering the split to be
intuitive.

TIA,

Paul Scott