Re[2]: Gnucash Stand Alone Application ?

Rusty Carruth rcarruth@tempe.tt.slb.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 07:28:27 -0700 (MST)

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@ruralnet.net.au> wrote:
> I have Mandrake 8.1 and it includes gnucash 1.6.4.

Ditto.  (Plus, I've upgraded to 1.6.5, and it was only
a *little* painful ;-)

> Doug.

> > There is no such product, I am afraid. Is Mandrake 8.1 the latest
> > version of that distro? I would have thought they would include
> > gnucash by now.
> >
> > dave

Actually, its not where you expect it, both in the 'select package'
stuff you do during install, AND in the x menus once you're all
done.

First, I *always* do 'individual package selection'.

Second, as I remember, gnucash is in the FIRST block of applications
somewhere (this is during install).

Finally, once you've booted, gnucash is NOT in the 'office' menu,
its in one of the other ones.

Sorry I cannot be more specific than that, as I'm not where I can
run a graphical Mandrake 8.1 system right now.  But it *is* there,
and (again, as I recall) it was in *both* the download and the
purchase sets of CDs.  (I bought the 7-cd set, don't know about
the smaller set)

rc