get quotes for multiple currencies

Giuseppe Angilella ggna@hotmail.com
Sat, 06 Jul 2002 07:51:32 +0000

Hi,

I am using gnucash 1.6.2 and my default currency is EUR.

I have defined several cash accounts, each for a different currency (say,
USD and GBP), and several trading accounts, each with currency EUR, and with
securities USD, GBP, ... respectively.

Now, I would like to get prices (in EUR) for all currencies, so that all
amounts in the different cash accounts are correctly converted in EUR and
their overall amount be displayed in EUR as well. I tick the 'get prices'
option for both USD and GBP (...) in the trading accounts, but I get the
error message:

Unable to get quotes or diagnose the problem.

On the other hand, I can get prices for one currency at a time, by
deselecting the 'get prices' option for all but one currency.

NB: I can get prices for funds and prices for one currency at the same time,
i.e. the problem seems to exist only when I try to retrieve prices for more
than one currency at a time.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Giuseppe.

ggna@hotmail.com