Feature request: Don't create a new file with every usage

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
08 Jul 2002 20:52:35 -0700

--=-JJPzVXXE6m4PoPrAoZ1p

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 20:34, Laurent Duperval wrote:
> On  8 Jul, James Howard wrote:
> > It occurs to me that if GNUCash didn't create a file with each update,
> > I could keep then use CVS to manage rollbacks.  Because GNUCash's files
> > are plaintext, CVS will love it, and it would save a lot of diskspace,
> > while keeping complete records for every invocation.
> >=20
> > Since I realize that most users aren't going to understand CVS, this
> > should be a configurable knob.
> >=20
>=20
> How do I make all thos xac and log files disappear? Can I just delete
> them? Or do I need to do something else?

You can just delete them.  1.8 will have an option to automatically
delete files older than 'n' days, so you can keep only the most recent
files.

David

--=-JJPzVXXE6m4PoPrAoZ1p

--=-JJPzVXXE6m4PoPrAoZ1p--