Crash when trying to read Database

Rainey, David Dave_Rainey@Grayson.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:40:48 -0400

I have been using version 1.6.4 on a machine running Mandrake 8.1.
(Sometimes in BlackBox, sometimes in KDE).  Last week I modified the
database, saved, and exited as usual.  No problems were reported.  This week
when I run GnuCash, it crashes when trying to read the database.  I can look
at my backup from a few weeks ago, but I've entered in quite a bit of data
in the past week or two.  I looked at the db file with a text editor and saw
nothing out of the ordinary.  Then I ran GC in debug mode.  The results are
below.  Can anyone help me?  Is there a file size limit for the database? Is
there a way to "fix" or clean a corrupted database?

Thanks,

Rainman

<--------DEBUG RESULTS------------>
Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation
Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1
Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1
Error: dom_tree_handlers_all_gott...(): Not defined and it should be:
act:currency
Error: dom_tree_generic_parse: missing tag in input
** CRITICAL **: file sixtp.c: line 515 (sixtp_sax_end_handler): assertion
`pdata->parsing_ok' failed.
Error: sixtp_handle_catastrophe: parse failed at
(stack-frame 0x835e530
             (parser 0x835e0e8)
             (tag (null))
             (data-for-children (nil))
             (data-from-children)
             (frame-data (nil)))
  (stack-frame 0x82f9e20
               (parser 0x835e148)
               (tag gnc-v2)
               (data-for-children (nil))
               (data-from-children ((tag gnc:account) (data 0x82d6cb8))
((tag gnc:count-data) (data 0x82d6cb8)) ((tag gnc:count-data) (data
0x82d6cb8)))
               (frame-data (nil)))
    (stack-frame 0x831f7d8
                 (parser 0x835e208)