How do I set up brokerage accounts properly in gnucash 1.6.5?

Dave Carrigan dave@rudedog.org
02 Mar 2002 08:04:40 -0800

Roger Rasmussen <rrasm2@yahoo.com> writes:

> Do I have a top-level bank account called 'Fidelity brokerage' and have
> a core (cash) subaccount and other subaccounts for each security
> (e.g. stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc)?

That's the way I do it (actually, I have a top level asset account
called investments, and my etrade account is under there). It works for
me, and I'm pretty sure that it's the correct approach.

--
Dave Carrigan (dave@rudedog.org)            | Yow! Sign my PETITION.
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS |