transaction "groups"?

tudor tudorb@dwyn.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:30:26 -0800

Paul,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 12:25:05PM -0500, Paul Lussier wrote:

> You should only need to do this once.  With "transaction completion",
> the rest of the transaction should automatically fill in once you
> type the description field in.

That is right, and it works.  However, with every paycheck, I have 14
transactions that are entered (drawn from my Income:Salary account):
federal, medicare, social security, local, and state tax; accidental
death & dismemberment, long term disability, and life insurance;
medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401k; Employee Stock Purchase
Plan (ESPP); net income (transferred to checking account)  I have an
account for each of these categories.

For example, here's a screenshot of my Gnucash Income:Salary account
window after entering a paycheck: (amounts removed...)

http://dwyn.net/gnucash-ss.jpg

What I'm looking for is a way to group all these transaction together,
so that the whole set of 14 is entered when I type "Paycheck" into the
Payee/Description field.  Any ideas?

This would of course be less of an issue with recurring transactions-
I'd only have to enter the 14 transactions once.

Thanks,
Tudor.