reconciliation issues

MarcD.Chapman MarcD.Chapman
Wed, 08 May 2002 23:22:51 -0500

Hey there,

I apologize if this has already been covered a million times, but I looke=
through the archives for this mailing list for anything pertaining to thi=
problem, and I wasn't able to find it (I'll admit, that I only searched b=
ack
until about June of last year, so if this came up before then I apologize=
, or
if I missed it... anyway...).

I'm having problems with the reconciliation window.  I seem to recall (an=
d the
documentation does as well), that there was once a time that I could choo=
se to
set an item that had been cleared to either stay cleared or be reconciled=

(change from a 'c' to a 'y' or an 'n').  Then, when I was done with my
reconcile, my settings of what had been and what hadn't been cleared woul=
d be
maintained.  However, now there is only a checkmark there, so when I
reconcile, if something was once marked as cleared, but then was not
reconciled, it loses its setting and then I get to go back through and ma=
rk
everything as cleared again.

I can't remember when I changed versions of Gnucash last, and my guess is=
 that
it happened at about that time.  Does anybody know what exactly is going =
on
here?  Is there a way I can move back to the old system?  Is there some
advantage of this system that I just don't know about?  Any information w=
ould
be great... thanks

marc

Marc Chapman