probs with gnome-print

Poldi Winkler poldiwinkler@t-online.de
11 Nov 2002 10:30:57 +0100

Am Fre, 2002-11-08 um 05.50 schrieb Matthew Vanecek:
> On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 11:47, Poldi Winkler wrote:
> > Hello,
> > after a new installation of gnucash 1.6.8 with Guppi-0.40.3-214, and
> > gnome-print I have got problems with report, aktiva and passiva and
> > price diagram. After I use options an push ok, gnucash will be
> > closed/crashed.
> > The message I got on the console:
> > "GdK-Warning : Missing charsets in Fontset creation
> > GdK-Warning : ISO8859-15
> > ** CRITICAL **: file gnome-font.c: line 188 (gnome_font_new):
assertion
> > `face != NULL' failed.
> > I can't find the default fonts needed by Guppi.
> > In 99% of all cases, this means that there is a problem with
> > your installed version of gnome-print."
> > Now I have changed gnome-print (from 0.36 to 0.34, 0.32)  but the
> > problem is the same.
> > Can anybody tell me, what is the combination of gnucash 1.6.8, Guppi
and
> > gnome-print or can I solve the problem in another way.
> > I have also changed the style in gnucash,setting, preferences and
style
> > of the report - no change of the problem.
> > Thanks in advance!
> > Rgds Poldi

 > Does you X setup use a font server (e.g., xfs).  If so, is it
running?
> Do you have the ISO8859-15 fonts installed and in your font path?
There
> are many different variables.  I'm not sure which font it's looking
for,
> but you'll want to make sure you have everything.  Also, make sure
your
> LANG environment variable is set correctly, perhaps en_DE for German.
>
> Hope that helps.  System problems like that are a pain on any OS. :(

Hello Matthew,
I think I don't use a font server and I don't know also why?
In the control center (gnomecc) you have the HTML Viewer - here I have
installed Courier with ISO8859-15. A lot of different fonts I have
installed in /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts - no problems with gnome and
kde-programs. And also my environment variable is set correctly.
I am sorry, but that doesn't seem to be solution of my problem.
Poldi