Unusual Error?

Scott Lambert lambert@lambertfam.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:36:42 -0500

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 07:57:57AM +0200, David Green wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been using GnuCash for about 6 months, installed from the FreeBSD
> ports collection.  I'm running FreeBSD 4.3, X and Gnome 1.4
>
> Yesterday and installed bunch of new software from the ports collection.
>  Today, I tried to get Gnucash going and get the following error:
>
> ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
> ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path
>
> Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions on how I can solve this?

This happenned in one of the guile upgrades.  It moved the location of
that file, and others.  You need to rebuild everything that depends on
guile so the will pick up on the new location.

cd /usr/port/sysutils/portupgrade; make install && pkgdb -F && portupgrade -a

:-)

But you should probably upgrade FreeBSD to RELENG_4_7 first.  There have
been a lot of security fixes since 4.3.

lambert@lambertfam.org