Check Numbers and Expese Report

Angel M Fernández angel@yacoi.com
29 Oct 2002 10:00:38 +0100

El lun, 21-10-2002 a las 17:56, Nigel Titley escribió:
> On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 02:26, Gearry Judkins wrote:
> > First off I am using Gnucash 1.6.6 that I got from the debian testing=

> > branch a while back.
> >
> > 1)Check numbers:  I belive I saw it the tips section that you could
> > automatically get it to insert the next incremented check number by
> > pressing the + key. I have tried this and I seem to get some weird
> > behavior.  If I use that in a given session before I have typed any
> > numbers that session it falls back to an old check number, say 140 when=

> > I should be on 157 and the checks 140 through 156 are already in the
> > register.  If I type in a check number, say 157, pressing + when in tha=
> > field will then work correctly for the rest of that session.  Has anybo=
> > else seen this?
>
> Yes, this is certainly the behaviour that I always see. I'm afraid I
> haven't given it a second thought and just type in the new number, but
> you are quite right.

I'm using gnucash 1.6.8 and didn't know this feature. I've tried but:

    - Is there any way to get 'global' check numbers? (this is, If I
    write a transaction, (i.e. 68) in any account, when I introduce a
    new transaction in a different acount, pressing the + key gets the
    next check number (69).

    - Can I get a print out of all the transactions of different
    accounts ordered by its chek number?

> > All in all I have to say that gnucash is probably one of the most
> > user-friendly opensource apps I have encountered to date.  Many thanks=

> > to all involved.  I hope that as time goes on I can contribute somethin=
> > to the project.
>
> Its truly wonderful, I've just started to properly enter all my data for
> the past couple of years, after deciding that removing Windows from my
> systems was more important that keeping a copy of Quicken alive.
>
> Thanks guys.
>
> Nigel

A very nice and powerfull tool to manage my company account (accordingly
to our local regulations!). Thanks a lot.

--
Los demás no nos darán libertad externa en más medida que la que
nosotros

(M.Gandhi)

Angel M. Fernández Cruz
YACO S.L. (www.yacoi.com)