Locales and currency.

Greg Wilkins gregw@mortbay.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:18:21 +0100

Yep - took me ages to work out how to do that properly, I was
only adding en_GB for a while and it was silently failing (but also
not reporting that it had compiled any domains).

The locale appears to work OK, as:

   + lots of gnome apps have stopped complaining about
     unknown LANG=C

   + Mozilla mail now has the dates in the *right* dd/mm/yyyy format :-)

I don't know of any other apps that use this locale to pick
the currency character - so I can't test if the locale has that
correct - but I kind of assume that it would have that correct?

thanks

--
Greg Wilkins<gregw@mortbay.com>             Phone/fax: +44 7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.          http://www.mortbay.com