Recovering from overuse of Unspecified

Wes Gray smiths at alumni.cse.ucsc.edu
Fri Apr 4 11:06:40 CST 2003

When I originally converted my Quicken data over to Gnucash I made
every transaction either go into or out of an "Unspecified" account.
I've been using it that way ever since, basically doing a single-entry
system.  Now I'd like to convert over to proper double-entry and remove
the Unspecified account.  How should I best go about this?  Do I have to
go through all my transactions and replace the Unspecified account
with a good one?  Is there a way to start over from scratch and import
my existing Gnucash data into a new gnucashdb?