Balance sheet does not balance

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 12:14:03 CDT 2003

Robert C. Ramsdell III wrote:
> My Balance sheet report is seriously out of whack.  Should not the
> 'Liablities + Equity' at the bottom of the report equal the Assets?  If not,
> any hints on finding the problems?

I cleared all my income and expense accounts to Retained Earnings on
01 Jan 2003, and I now have to set the Balance Sheet's start date to
02 Jan 2003 for it to balance.  Have you perhaps done something similar?

If that doesn't work, try Actions -> Check & Repair -> Check & Repair
All.  This helped me find and delete a split that had somehow gotten
duplicated the other day.

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net